Wirelessmon system utility enables users to scan the information of nearby wireless networks, hotspots, and wireless access points available. In other words, it provides complete graphing of wi-fi statics, real-time IP and server details.
WirelessMon has various uses such as it can be used to check the strength of your wi-fi signal, enables you to monitors the best network available for the fast internet. Moreover, it generates a list of network details which includes the maximum speed and frequency of the network.
Using the WirelessMon program, you can detect the signal strength of neighboring network and channel is being used. If you there are more than one network on your channel, shift the channel as it can affect the strength of network
How to use?
In order to launch the application, just open the installed file and it will take few seconds to warm up. Once it’s ready to work, you can see multiple tabs on the user interface of the application, but the main focus of this program is Summary tab which displays the detailed information of nearby networks and associated channels. Apart from this, there are other details such as SSID, Mac Address, Strength, and the signal graph is available.
Popular Post: Free Download Media Creation Tool Windows 7
There are two options to sort the network, One is Mac Address and other is RSSI ( Received Signal Strength Indicator) which is the measurement unit for radio signals. To create a log of information for your selected network you need to perform few configuration first.
- Go to the “Configuration” menu on the top-left corner and select “Logging” from the drop-down.
- Choose the kind of logs you want among Summary Log, Access point Log and Connected Node log.
- Set the directory for each log file and click OK to continue.
- Now tap logging tab (the fifth tab in the list).
- Wait for six seconds and stop logging by clicking the button next to logging.
- Go to log files present in the specified directory on your PC.
- Reset the information and use it to detect the signal strength.
- Use Mac address to identify the access points.
- Use RSSI for modeling and calculation of network strength.
The main highlights of WirelessMon application are as below:
- Check the 802.11 network configuration settings.
- Study the device drivers and wifi hardware.
- Helps to remove the interference sources.
- Supports GPS for logging and mapping.
- Detect the security settings for the neighboring networks.
- Allows you to check strength, coverage, and range of networks.
- Provide accurate and detailed data
Recent Post: Download Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Portable
This tool is rich in features and totally a value for money option. It provides each and every information for the network such as:
- Information of the current connection which includes signal strength, Frequency, Number of Antennas, Beacon Period Tx Power, Authentication type, Channel, Dwell Time, Hop Pattern, Hop Set, RTS Threshold, Fragmentation Threshold
- Statics information with more than 30 parameters.
- IP information such as TCP/IP info, Subnet mask, DHCP, Gateway address, and servers.
- IP counter information which has the bandwidth , network adapter hardware, rate of data in bytes per second and error counters.
This lightweight tool is an ultimate source to diagnose and detect network strength. This tool is very simple to use and cost-efficient. Download WirelessMon, the best tool to protect, enhance and repair your wifi network and channel. It is compatible with both 32-bit and 64-bit architecture of MS Windows-based systems.
Related Post: Download Auslogics Disk Defrag Portable
- Operating System: Windows XP, Vista,7,8
- Installed Memory (RAM): 256 MB
- Free Hard Disk Space: 100 MB
- Processor: Intel Pentium four or above.
|File Name||3.6 MB|
|File Size||3.6 MB|